Welcome to EVA Manitoba’s Website
We welcome you to the Ending Violence Across Manitoba Inc. website. Our mission is to foster the coordination and collaboration of programs, organizations and government that work together to end domestic and sexual violence in our province.
We want to issue a special Thank You to the Government of Canada’s Victims and Survivors of Crime Week for funding the development of this website.
November is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
There are many ways that you can get involved in DVAM 2018
- Learn about domestic violence.
- Spend some time looking at our site or doing reading on your own.
- Be in a position to offer support to a friend, family member or employee that might need help and suggest they look at the EVA website for information and resources.
- Make a donation to an organization in your community that works to support victims of domestic violence.
- Follow EVA Manitoba in Twitter and Instagram to view and share. Retweet and Repost messages about domestic violence to help raise awareness for your followers.
- Attend an Event – communities across Manitoba are having events to raise awareness about domestic violence.
- If you are an employer in Manitoba, make sure your policy on Domestic Violence Leave is clear and accessible for your employees.
- Organize an Event to raise awareness or as a fundraiser for an organization.
- Volunteer your time at one of the great organizations in your community.
- Wear purple! Purple is the colour of DVAM.
Use this list to help start a conversation about domestic violence and why it is important to you. You can join in and participate in the 16 Days of Activism which run November 25 to December 10, 2018.